I’m a lover of Italian food. Giada de Laurentiis was the first “celebrity chef” whose show I watched religiously. I am enamored with her! But that is another post for another day…for now I shall give you my super fast and pretty darn healthy pasta dish.
Usually, I try to make most of my food from scratch but with this dish the pre-made foods have “hidden” veggies, upping the health factor!
I can whip this up in less than 20 minutes. No more excuses for fast food, people! Healthy food can be delicious AND fast!
Freaky Fast Pasta
-1/2 jar of Prego Veggie Smart Pasta
-3/4 of the container of skim milk ricotta cheese (In my opinion, in this dish, you can’t tell the difference between whole milk and skim milk ricotta cheese, so why not go with the skim milk and cut down your calories?!)
-3/4 of a box of Ronzoni Garden Delight Pasta
-1 TBS of oil (pref. Olive Oil)
-A small palm full of salt
-SaltNPepper+ Garlic Powder
1. Add salt to water and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to the directions on the box.
2. After pasta has cooked, scoop 1 cup of pasta water and reserve.
3. Drain pasta and pour into a bowl
4. Add ricotta cheese and sauce to hot pasta and mix. If the sauce is too thick, add tablespoons of pasta water until you reach the desired consistency.
5. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste and serve immediately
You can add fresh basil or top it with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese. This dish is also vegetarian but you could easily turn this into a meat sauce using ground beef, chicken or turkey.
It’s fast and surprisingly healthy! I recommend it for any night that you need a healthy meal, fast. It also refrigerates well and is easy to reheat and enjoy!