Today after work I came home and decided I needed a change. I scrubbed my floors, fluffed my pillows and rearranged my furniture. And I’ve got to admit, I’m loving my new setup! I’d take pictures but I’m a little strange with my storage setup…the world isn’t quite ready for it 😉
Now I’ve got a cute puppy curled up by my side as I type this and a great recipe to share with you!
Remember my earlier post where I admitted my irrational fear of crock pots? Despite the fact that I’ve used one successfully. Well, I got over that fear and I made a seriously delicious meal!!!
And it’s SO simple. AND affordable. AND makes enough for leftovers! Basically a total win in my book.
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork
1 Liter of Root Beer (You won’t use the whole thing but someone forgot to measure exactly how much liquid was used…ahem)
1 18 oz bottle of BBQ sauce of your choice (We used Kraft Honey BBQ sauce)
2 lbs of pork tenderloin
1 Crock Pot O’Magic
1. Start by rinsing your pork tenderloin then place it into your Crock Pot.
2. Pour enough root beer to cover the pork
3. Turn it on low and go entertain yourself for 5 hours and 30 minutes
4. Drain the root beer and remove the fat.
5. Return pork to slow cooker and shred with forks (it will fall apart really easily!)
6. Add the ENTIRE bottle of BBQ sauce and mix well
7. Dig. In.
You will need the entire bottle because the pork will absorb so much of the sauce. Pork Tenderloin is a very lean cut of meat so it’s low in fat but able to absorb flavor easily. This is a virtually foolproof recipe. If you’re new to cooking (crock pot or otherwise) this is an easy way to create a delicious meal!
Have a great evening!!