I’m back! I was unable to post for a few days, but that’s what’s great about having a co-blogger! Thanks Brittany for filling in for me 🙂 And now I’m back with a new post and a really simple recipe. It’s similar to a recipe Brittany posted, but maybe not quite as healthy. Haha. And hey, there are lots of different people with different tastes out there. So Brittany and I agree that there’s nothing wrong with a little overlap.
I’m pretty proud of this creation! It’s simple, but I did it without following any recipe and it turned out great! Since I made it up as I went along, I don’t have very specific measurements or directions. But I promise, it’s super simple. I loved the crispy crunch from the panko bread crumbs, but I do think I went a little too light on the seasonings. So don’t be shy with whatever spices you choose.
1 egg, beaten (One egg was enough for for 8 tenderloins)
Raw chicken (breasts, tenderloins, or thighs)
Panko bread crumbs
Grated parmesan cheese
Desired spices to taste (I used black pepper, salt, and garlic powder)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine bread crumbs, spices, and parmesan cheese in a bowl
3. In another bowl, beat the egg
4. Place chicken in the egg mixture, making sure to completely cover both sides
5. Transfer the chicken to the bowl of bread crumbs and cover with bread crumbs
6. Place coated chicken in a foil lined baking dish or sheet
7. Bake chicken until slightly browned (Mine had been cooking for quite awhile and I was pretty sure it was done but it was browned yet, so I placed it briefly under the broiler)